ALL POLICIES, RULES, and REGULATIONS APPLY TO ALL FAMILIES AND FRIENDS/GUESTS that are on DIAMOND DANCE STUDIO/CHEER UNIVERSITY PROPERTY, or under DDS/CU event/locations. Rules refer and include CHEER UNIVERSITY and Diamond Dance Studio at ALL locations.
1. A. I understand that Diamond Dance Studio/CHEER UNIVERSITY Tuition is NON REFUNDABLE. NO CREDIT or REFUND is given for missed classes.
B. I understand that ALL Costume deposits are NON REFUNDABLE and Considered INVALID if not paid in FULL by the deadline. NO COSTUMES nor REFUNDS are given to those who DROP CLASSES at ANY TIME no matter the balance.
2. I understand that Diamond Dance Studio/CHEER UNIVERSITY Staff will communicate with me throughout the season and year via email, and take home flyers. I understand it is my responsibility to read them with my child so that I am aware of billing cycles, dance recitals, or outside performances, enrollment for the following cycle, any attire or footwear my child may need; or any other important information that being a parent at DDS/CU requires me to be informed of. I understand that DDS will only be sending home paperwork that is important and specific to my child’s needs. Diamond Dance Studio/CHEER UNIVERSITY schedule is subject to change.
3. I understand that Diamond Dance Studio/CHEER UNIVERSITY does allow make up classes, however they are limited to one per cycle during the Main Season; to be made up within the cycle, and they do not roll over. DDS Main Season is ongoing from _February to June and August to January (making up __ cycles), while Summer Season is ongoing from July to August. Diamond Dance Studio/CHEER UNIVERSITY Cheer/dance Summer Season offers one FREE class; therefore I cannot make up the first summer class I miss. After missing one summer class, I may make up the second. To attend a make-up class I must contact the studio at least 1 day in advance between 9AM and 5PM to schedule a makeup class. I understand that some classes fill up and that makeup classes are subject to availability and NOT GUARANTEED. There is a $25 NON-Refundable Registration Fee per year of enrollment. Including First Time/New students and $15 per year for ALL Returning Students.
4. I understand that I will be charged according to my payment plan unless I notify Diamond Dance Studio two weeks prior to the 1st of each month or billing cycle (Prior to new “seasons”) Payments in FULL per class cycle must be paid on “Enrollment Day” or the day of the first class attended of the cycle. If you have not paid by the next class meet of the cycle your child will not be able to participate unless tacking a $20 late fee onto tuition. Diamond Dance Studio is a TWO MONTH MINIMUM STUDIO.
*Any payment that is not honored by a financial institution will result in a $20 late fee.*Any returned check will result in a $35.00 service charge
*No discounts or prorated options will be given for scheduled days off, holidays, illness, family events, or school functions. Prorates will only apply to joining a class. (Example if a student joins a class on the third meeting of that month, payment will be prorated for the final meeting)
*For insufficient or neglected payments, student participation may be suspended until account is settled.
*All registration fees, tuition, recital, and other payments are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
* A receipt will be given upon request to all payments made. Receipts will NOT be given unless requested.
5. I understand that Diamond Dance Studio is not responsible for the injuries or accidents in the parking lot, waiting room or ANY Diamond Dance Studio property or performance area. It is my responsibility to be careful backing out, and pulling in the lot; and exercise caution as children are always walking to-and-from class.
Care of Students:
Diamond Dance Studio will not be held responsible or liable for care before or after class for students, family members or in and out traffic through the building. DDS regards safety as a priority and will always look after the well-being of a student. Calls will be made to parent/guardian for students left for excessive amounts of time and student may be asked to wait in the office until parent/guardian arrives. Please be considerate of studio hours. Parents with students under the age of 5 must inform their teacher before leaving the studio. If parent does not return in time before next class begins, student will remain with that same teacher or be asked to wait in the office, with office staff.
Parents, legal guardians and care givers waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on studio property resulting from normal activity conducted by the students, student’s family members, guests or current means pf arrival or pickup before class, during class, and after class time.
It is understood that dance is an activity with inherent dangers for injury. Our staff is professionally trained and will train students in the safest manner possible. Diamond Dance Studio DOES NOT carry medical insurance for its students. It is required that all students be covered by their own family’s insurance policy, and if an injury occurs, it is understood that the student’s own policy is your only source of reimbursement.
6. I understand it is my responsibility to be on-time. We understand between the unpredictability of school and town traffic, and general parenting that being on time is not always possible, so please note, we would love to see your child in class regardless of how late you may be running that day. If you are running late to pick up your child please do not panic; we will wait until you arrive for pick up. However, AFTER THIRTY MINUTES you will be charged $10. If another class is in progress we may ask your child to join.
7. I understand that my child’s hair MUST be up, or out of their face to participate in class.
8. I understand that my child must wear appropriate dance wear, i.e. leotard, tights; jazz pants, yoga wear, and tutu’s are all acceptable. Jeans and baggy t-shirts are NOT.
Dancers will need ballet slippers for ballet, hip hop and jazz and tap shoes for tap. Pom may wear jazz shoes or “cheer” –mark free- tennis shoes.
9. I understand that there is no food or soda allowed in the dance studio.
10. I understand that Diamond Dance Studio is not responsible for lost or stolen valuables. If your item has been misplaced please check out Lost + Found. Items must be claimed in person. Every 30 days, unclaimed items are given to a local charity.
ALL MOVEMENT, CHOREOGRAPHY, AND MATERIAL USED FOR PERFORMANCE ARE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CREATIVE WORK OF THE INSTRUCTOR AND DIAMOND DANCE STUDIO. USE OF CHOREOGRAPHY AND OR MOVEMENT EXERCISES WITHOUT EXPRESSED VERBAL OR WRITTEN PERMISSION BY THE INSTRUCTOR IS PROHIBITED. This includes performance, videotaping and distribution online posting and photography used for advertisement.
Cell phones ARE NOT ALLOWED IN CLASS. Focus MUST BE ON THE CLASS!
*There is a two month minimum for all classes. (Student may exchange current class with another class within this time frame. Decision must be made 2 weeks before the third month of classes begins.)
*A two week notice is required to discontinue any classes.
*Withdrawal must be made known to the office staff.
*To withdrawal from class a parent or adult must inform the studio in person or by phone.
I hereby acknowledge all of the above and by attending class my dancer and myself agree to the terms of Diamond Dance Studio
Follow our studio policies to ensure your child’s safety, progress and positive experience here at DDS.
I FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT THE OWNERS/ DIRECTORS, STAFF AND FACULTY OF DIAMOND DANCE STUDIO HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE LESSONS TO ANY CHILD WHO’S TUITION IS DELINQUENT.
Diamond Dace Studio term begins the month of August and runs through June. Dance runs the full school year and then some! You are enrolling in a 10-month program and may pay several different ways. All tuition is due every 4 weeks. (Dates posted online/and/or/in studio)
Auto Pay Credit Card – On or by the 5th of each month your base tuition plus 5% processing fee will be automatically debited from your Master Card, Visa, or Discover Card on file.
There are no refunds on classes missed; however you are welcome to come in another day & time to take class. There will be make-up classes scheduled to accommodate weather related cancellations. We do not credit nor reschedule for classes closed due to Holidays. (We follow the local school district’s holiday and weather closing schedule)
Each Student must have a credit card and/or auto draft checking account information on file, whether you pay by check or cash. This will be drafted for any balances your dancer has. You authorize DDS to charge in full any balance each month.
There are no refunds on classes missed; however you are welcome to come in another day & time to take class. There will be make-up classes available if you miss. Please notify the front desk staff if your child will be absent. We can then let the teacher know. During Dance Recital preparation, we will let you know which classes are learning the same routines as your child so you can do the make-up class there. In the event of an extended illness or other unforeseen circumstances, please contact the office as soon as possible.
We have a closed class schedule. Parents/observers are not allowed to enter the studio room to watch classes unless it is “watch week” and given permission. All the “mommy and me” parents are encouraged to attend class with their toddler. However, we must limit siblings or extra people to one due to space limitations. Any children in the waiting room who are NOT registered students must be supervised by an adult. All registered students Registered Dancers may be dropped off and picked up; it is not necessary for you to stay. Your other children may not be dropped off for FREE Baby Sitting Services!
Please contact the front desk staff /Studio email- DiamondDanceStudioInfo@gmail.com or DiamondDanceStudioDDS@gmail.com whenever the need arises. Daytime office hours via Telephone are 11am to 12noon. If you have concerns that cannot be addressed in a brief email conversation, please set up a conference. We can schedule a meeting. The fee is $25 per parent/teacher conference. We want your experience here at DDS to be a positive one. Sorry, but Instructors do NOT have time to talk between classes.
Notify the front desk staff immediately if you are changing the day and time of your class. You are charged as an active student until you notify the office of a change in status. Students are welcome to add classes, level permitting – just inform the studio. Class changes must have the permission of all teachers involved. This applies to DDS Competition members as well as recreation students! This is especially important when we are ordering costumes and preparing dances for the annual dance recital. You are responsible for payment in full August through January and February through June.
You will need to plan for pictures to be taken of your child not only for recital, but throughout the year. These photos are used for memory purposes, marketing, and advertising and recital program. If you are a member of the DDS Competition Team you will be required to have 2 head shots (one per “Season” of recreational dance). If you’re NOT okay with your child’s picture being taken and used, please note so.
Dance Recital and Costumes
We have two spectacular shows per year. Please be a part of our exciting Show! All classes will have a Costume for each dance subject (Ballet, Tap, Hip Hop, Cheer, Lyrical, Contemporary Musical Theater, etc ) Costumes are NON REFUNDABLE, no matter the circumstance: dropped classes, late payments, no longer attending, etc. Costumes must be paid in full by the date posted or the costume will not be ordered nor refunded. All costumes ordered for students that have dropped the class will not be received. A Recital Fee will be charged per recital student. This fee will cover show expenses. Tickets will be sold in advance and at the door to fill the new larger auditorium with appreciative audience members!
Conventions, Performances, and Other Activities
During the year, many of our students have opportunities to participate in activities such as master classes, community performances and even trips. We encourage all students to take advantage of these opportunities. Information including costs and entry fees etc. will be provided in advance of each event. All fees must be paid in advance of said event.
Your Children are a Reflection of You ~
Good Manners and Proper Etiquette are always expected. Respect will be demanded and required. This applies to students and teachers towards one another and their peers.
We want all of our students to have an enjoyable and educational dance experience. We will treat you and your children with courtesy and respect. We expect our students to show the same attitude toward their teachers and fellow dancers. We request that your children observe the following simple rules:
Pay Attention to your teacher – Don’t talk with your friends during class! It disrupts the whole class and makes it difficult for the teacher to communicate with the students. Meet your friends before or after class for social fun.
Food or drinks are permitted in the WAITING ROOM ONLY. Be careful – spills ruin the floors and food attracts bugs. You may have snacks in the W.R, but please dispose of your trash properly. There are breaks for water during shoe changes. Leave water bottles in the W.R.
Do not pull up on or hang from the Ballet Barres. They can be pulled from the wall or you can get stuck in them. Barres are for balance and support.
Come prepared to dance – attire, grooming, attitude, ambition, energy!
Reasonable rules and standards are provided to promote self-discipline. Students should arrive at the studio with sufficient time to change into dance shoes to begin class on time. Students who arrive 10 minutes after the scheduled class time are welcome to observe the class; however, they will not be permitted to participate unless there is an extenuating circumstance. If students need to leave before the end of the class, they should notify the teacher before class begins. Students may not leave the classroom without first receiving permission from the teacher.
As employees of Diamond Dance Studio, teachers have the responsibility to see that their class is under control, and they have the authority to dismiss any student who will not cooperate and is a disruption to the rest of the class. Inappropriate dress or behavior will not be allowed. No gum, food or drinks will be permitted inside the classrooms during class or rehearsal.
It is important for parents and students to understand that dance class is not the same as your grade in school. Nor do you dance from 8am to 3pm Monday through Friday. In most cases, the class will progress as a group but not all the time. Every child will be challenged in each class to compete against themselves not others.
All male students should be respectful of all the ladies in this building, as well as their property and the building itself.
If you are here on a partial tuition scholarship keep in mind many of the dancers are paying 5 times this, your behavior should be exemplary at all times and scholarship recipients should always work harder in class than anyone else. You will be held to a higher standard by all faculty members. The first time you are asked to leave a class because of your behavior your tuition will be changed to the full price from the current reign dance productions tuition rate chart.
DRESS REHEARSAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
The dress rehearsal will take place at a schedule date the week before recital. A dress rehearsal is a run through of the entire show in full costume, hair, and make-up. We will be “teching” the show. Teching means creating the technical aspects of the show: i.e. lighting, curtain cues, follow spots, prop cues, etc. A dress rehearsal is not for your child to learn their dance routine, or to perform to an entire audience. Our rehearsals are closed IF you wish to bring more than ONE guardian, you can purchase a ticket. It is to help understand which wing to exit and enter from, to see what it looks like back stage, and to learn some theatre etiquette, as well as, respect for their fellow performers and an appreciation for the performing arts. See our Theatre Etiquette Rules.
Please adhere to the following rules for a STRESS FREE Dress Rehearsal and Dance Recital:
• DO NOT WEAR, but BRING your costume in a non-transparent garment bag or suitcase
• No fingernail polish or toenail polish
• No chewing gum
• No jewelry – only designated earrings!
• We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles – please label all of your belongings.
• Please have your hair done and your make-up applied for your first number upon arrival
• you must have the correct color and style of shoes, tights, and lipstick
• No underwear is to be worn with costumes. Mature dancers must wear a bra and/or correct support undergarments.
• Tap shoes should be cleaned well – Ballet slippers/Jazz/Lyrical/Cheer Shoes should appear new –• ONE chaperone may accompany each child to the dress rehearsal – it is not open to the public! (Unless you purchase a ticket)
• No food or beverages are permitted inside the auditorium, hallways, or dressing areas.
• NO SMOKING is allowed anywhere on school grounds (this includes the entry way, the parking lot, etc.)
• Absolutely no costumes in the auditorium. It is quite educational for all children to watch some of the other performers rehearse. They must be in street clothes and be supervised by an adult.
• The time posted is the time you are scheduled to go on stage – you may arrive whenever you like as long as you are in costume andwarmed up to perform by your scheduled time.
• NO PARENTS ARE ALLOWED ON STAGE OR BACKSTAGE AT ANY TIME!!!
• During the dress rehearsal – your chaperone may videotape your performance and take photos of you on the stage.
• If you have a long break between numbers and want to leave the building, check out with the staff. Check in when you return.
• Have Fun! Learn Something! Break A Leg!
PERFORMANCE RULES AND REGULATIONS:
• Recital night is finally here. All performers should report directly to their DESIGNATED dressing area. Please be in full costume with hair and make-up finished 30 minutes before ShowTime. Don’t forget to warm up! All dressers/moms must leave the dressing areas15 minutes to Showtime so the dancers can be moved to the stage area.
• The lobby 30 minutes before showtime, however, the auditorium doors will not open until 15 minutes beforehand. Due to fire safety regulations everyone entering the auditorium is required to have a ticket and a seat.
• Every dressing area/ classroom will have an adult chaperone and some former dancers to help with any quick changes or make-up touch ups. The dancers will be able to watch the show and have a snack. Please do not come looking for your child during intermission. Only dancers that have an involved costume change will be accessible.
• During intermission one dresser/mom may come back to the dressing area to change their child’s costume for the second half. If your child is in several routines in one half of the show, please set out their costumes for our dressers. To make quick changes happen, have bobby pins in headpieces ahead of time. Have all pins and zippers opened for easy access. Extra tights just in case and make-up available for quick touch-ups.
• ABSOLUTELY NO MEN WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE DRESSING AREAS – if your son requires help with his costume, headpiece, etc., mom or a designated dresser will be available in the dressing areas to help him.
• ABSOLUTELY NO COSTUMES ARE ALLOWED IN THE LOBBY OR AUDITORIUM ON PERFORMANCE NIGHTS.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR FRIENDS, RELATIVES, NEIGHBORS, CLASSMATES, AND ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS A CHILD WHO LOVES TO DANCE TO ATTEND OUR DANCE CONCERT! YOU CHILDREN ARE WONDERFUL PERFORMERS, THEY DESERVE THE APPLAUSE!
PLEASE INFORM THEM OF THE FOLLOWING PROPER THEATRE ETIQUETTE:
• USE THE RESTROOM BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR SEAT
• TURN OFF ALL CELL PHONES
• NO SMOKING ON SCHOOL PROPERTY
• DRESS APPROPRIATELY – THE DANCE CONCERT IS AN EVENING EVENT
• DO NOT CARRY ON CONVERSATIONS AFTER THE LIGHTS GO DOWN
• PLEASE DO NOT CRITIQUE THE DANCERS ON STAGE… THEIR PARENTS MAY BE IN FRONT OF YOU.
• DON’T YELL OUT TO DANCERS ON STAGE OR MAKE ANY VERBAL OUTBURSTS DURING THE SHOW
APPLAUSE IS ALWAYS WELCOME AND A STANDING OVATION IS THE ULTIMATE GOAL!!
“BRAVO” IS THE APPROPRIATE WORD!
ONCE YOU LEAVE THE AUDITORIUM YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER AGAIN UNTIL INTERMISSION
We always want to present a polished appearance. Hair must be up off the back of your neck and slicked away from the face in either a ponytail, bun or French braid.
A bun is mandatory for all Ballet
No jewelry is allowed for safety reasons. Necklaces can break. Rings can fly off. Earring backs fall.
No Baggy Sweats. Neat dance warm ups may be worn only until your muscles are warm. Young students may wear a sweater if necessary during the winter. Cover-ups must be worn to and from class. Never enter or leave the studio in only your dance attire.
DO NOT wear dance shoes outside. Wearing dance shoes outside ruins the sole and also tracks dirt, oil & gravel into the studio, causing damage to the customized floors.
Girl’s Dress Code
Solid Color Leotard/top and bottoms – Any style or material is acceptable, but refrain from purchasing busy patterns. Tights – Ballet Pink, Black, White, Jazzy Tan or Suntan are permitted.
Bootie Shorts and crop tops are certainly acceptable for all other genres of dance. Such as; Contemporary, Jazz, Legs & Feet, Acrobatics, and Gymnastics.
HIP HOP STUDENTS MAY NOT WEAR THEIR STREET SHOES (That means the shoes you wore out on the street and used to walk into the building) ON THE DANCE FLOORS INSIDE THE ACTUAL DANCE STUDIO!!! You will be fined $300.00.
• Tan Buckle Tap Shoes and pink Leather Ballet Slippers
Black and Tan Jazz/Lyrical/Half Sole
• Adults- Barefoot or socks unless you purchase jazz shoes
DDS Competition Members will need specific shoes for each competition routine, as they are decided upon.
***Note: All shoes can be ordered through Mrs. Leigh***
Suggestion! Please put your child’s name and phone number inside the instep of all shoes. The studio is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Boys Dress Code:
• Black dance pants, sweat pants, or Hip Hop pants. Tucked in T-shirt or muscle shirt. Long Hair must be up and secured off the back of the neck for technique as well as the prevention of injury to another dancer.
• White Socks and White Canvas Ballet shoes
• Black Canvas Shoes.
• Bare feet and Tan or Black Jazz/Lyrical/Half Soles
• Black Hip hop Sneakers, Black Tap Shoes.